MALLORY MORTENSEN

MALLORY MORTENSEN

.

.

12.15.2014

Week 24

Hello!! Wow well first it just want to start by inviting EVERYONE to please go and check out this link.
christmas.mormon.org
seriously, this video, "He is the Gift" is such a wonderful reminder of what the true meaning of Christmas is. We have this beautiful cards with the picture of mary holding baby jesus and we are encouraged to use them in every contact. Its so interesting to see how everyone is just a little bit nicer once they see that the card has a christmas message. The the change in a jolly spirit is quite evident over here in Jersey thats for sure hahah but yeah anyway, we gave this guy a card and he was like, "FINALLY someone talks about the real meaning of christmas. Its' JESUS'S birthday, not everyone else's" hahah I thought that was so funny and so true! I just absolutely love this season and love being able to share these glad tidings of great joy, thats our Savior came, showed us the way, suffered, died and resurrected just so that we can make it make to our heavenly father.
Second of all... SHOUT OUT to my mother who sent me david archulta christmas cd, wow its just makes me so happy! and makes me a little more okay with this freezing weather.
so this week has been really good. I just love my companion. when she speaks, its not something thats easy because spanish is still all so new, but its so clear when she is speaking by the spirit, because she speaks with ease and its so powerful. Here's an example. so we were with Angel. And we were talking about how he needs to ask god if the book of mormon is true and really ask with a real intent so that he could receive and answer. So we all knelt down together, in this dinky freezing staircase and he prayed so sincerely. After he prayed, he stayed there for 5 minutes after with his eyes closed. It took EVERYTHING in me not to get off my knees because i had lost feeling in my feet by that time. So finally he looked up and said, "I feel really calm, but it want a bigger answer" My comp looked up at him and said that she had never truly recieved a "big" answer from heavenly father. but she has just always known the book of mormon was true, thats part of faith! and then she said that everytime she testifies, she feels in her heart that the book really is true. I just testifed of what she said is true and you could tell his whole attitude changed. CAUSE LIKE CMON. lets be real for a second. we were sent here on earth to walk and act by faith. That means doing and obey without always understanding why. or like Alma 32 says, "faith is not a perfect knowledge!" Sometimes we want to wait until we have evidence and then act, but then we aren't even exercising faith! we talked alot about that and then he said that he wanted to prepare himself to be baptized the 14th of december. We were so happy. We were fasting that day that he would have that desire.
Also, we had a christmas fireside last night and its was all the spanish missionaries that put it on and i got to see so many people from my last area. AHHH i just love them. it was the best. also, I was maria in the nativity HOLLAA. well one of them, there was like 3 of us. Can i just say hispanics are so funny. when they say that someone gives birth, they say "ella dio luz" which means she gave light hahaha how awkward am i right? 

If i have learned ANYTHING, its that my Heavenly Father is so aware of me. I am so insignificant, yet he really does care. He also wants me to learn a lot apparently because this work hasn't been something real easy over here in Jersey. But Ive never been happier and there are miracles every day :)



Last district meeting of the transfer! just a few of us... self timer fail. 
Newark ward members came up big for me with the Maria costume hahah :) 
some princeton members!! 
all of zone 5 at the Traditions with the Taggarts. Sister philbrick and i are the only 2 sistahs in the bro zone.





No comments:

Post a Comment