MALLORY MORTENSEN

MALLORY MORTENSEN

.

.

9.07.2014

Week 10

oh my goodness crazy crazy things are happening over here. Well first overall i think today has been one of the best days of my entire mission. Its just absolutely flown by and i love getting lost in the work. So we found this girl last wednesday and she was working at this restaurant where we were going to meet this less active. and she is this DARLING columbian girl. She came here a month ago and we got to talking with her and SHE asked US for our number! and then we left and were like wait a sec... lets go back there and get hers! so we went back like two days later and she gave us a big hug and SHE was asking US when we could get together again and everything and we invited her to church and was like, "digame, a donde, cuando" and I was just like oh my gosh the words couldn't even come out of my mouth I had never seen anyone want to know all these details so fast! unfortuantely, she has work like everyday. but we will work with that ;) anyways, we met with her again on Friday and told her about our purpose here as missionaries and she asked us why in the world we were serving. I told her that through a lot of prayers and studying in the scriptures, I recieved an answer through the Holy Spirit that I must serve a mission and teach others how we can return to live with God again. And she asked right then, "okay, well how can I live with him again" I'm pretty sure that shes the closest thing i have ever seen to a golden investagador. we talked to her about the steps of the gospel and how the book of mormon is the evidence of our message and taht by reading it, she will come to learn for herself that it is true. We gave her a book of mormon and she hug us so big! hahah i just love her can ya tell? like COME ON. Then we met with her this morning and she was telling us about how she had a really hard year and the religious part of her life took a backseat because of how lost and angry she was and she also knew something was missing but she just doesn't know what. we talked about in Alma 7 with Jesus Christ and how he suffered through EVERYTHING that we go through. everything. every pain, emotion, sickness. Just just our sins. she looked right at me and said, "well how does him suffering for me help me" I was like well shoot, thats a good question. She was just so sincere that I paused for a little bit to really think of what she would need. Sister B said, "because we must have faith in him. We cannot act, we cannot repent, we cannot make promises with and live with our Father in Heaven without first having faith in him" woah the spirit just washed in so strong. shes so awesome! and then we had an in zone exchange at 11 today (people think they are fun, and they are cause you get to meet new missionaries! but I think they are just stressful... espicailly when im the only one who knows spanish) but they put me in my area still with sister Kafu and shes awesome! she came in one transfer after me! the two new girls hahah anyways, then we had a meeting with this guy Elio and he is someone we street contacted. and hes awesome. came straight outta guatmala like 2 months ago and ever since the first day we contacted him would text us or call us like everyday just to ask us how we are doing or to say that us talking to him was such a blessing. (he is pretty lonely since he is here without family or anyone he knows) the spirit was so strong during the lesson and we committed him to read Alma 32 and he was so awesome and he was trying to give me a 20 dollar bill after the lesson for the book of mormon! hahaha that was a first! Sister Kafu is so cute. Shes said, "I have no idea what is going on so i just smile and nod" i laughed so hard i was like, "oh sister... thats how i learned" 
OH MY GOSH AND MILAGRO: ALFREDO (our investagador for the past like month now and husband of a member) CAME TO CHURCH THIS SUNDAY. he always works on sunday and we called him sunday morning and asked him if he we was coming to church like EVERY sunday and he was like "si claro!" (yes of course!) i almost fell out of my chair. UMM NOT CLARO YOU HAVENT COME YET. so yeah miracle. and in principios del evangelio, they asked for a volunteer to give a prayer and he raised his hand all cute and gave a prayer and all so cute. and so anyway, we saw him today and i invited him to be baptized and reset the baptisimal date to October. He looked and me and said that his life is changing for the better because I am here. Its times like that when being a missionary is really the best thing in the whole world. I would trade this for anything.
OTRO MILAGRO: one of our members knows dad from when he served a mission! not even kidding. okay we had dinner at this members house this last sunday and we had never been over there before because they have been in puerto rico this last month and so we went to their house and it was like this mansion house and the inside was BEAUTIFUL like an art gallery or something. and she was so awesome and they were talking about how they were from puerto rico and I was like oh my dad served there! and she looked at my name tag and said "I know him" and I was like no way. and she was like "do you have a picture" so I showed her and shes like yeah we know him! so how awesome is that! 
OTRO MILAGRO: I have been praying fervently that my silbings starting school would be able to adjust smoothly. I was killing me a little bit not to be there for them and I could ONLY imagine how scary and hard it is. (I remember changing schools in first grade and to this day it humbles me hahah) but to read their emails and see how many amazing friends they have made and how brave they are actually brought tears to my eyes. I know the Heavenly Father sent me to be the oldest so that I could learn from their examples! (i.e. Laban and Lemuel ;) )


Sorry this is almost painfully long haha ugh and i have so many pictures i wanted to send but i left my camera cord :( until next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment