MALLORY MORTENSEN

MALLORY MORTENSEN

.

.

9.07.2014

Week 9

Oh my goodness where to even begin. FIRST OF ALL, shoutout to my dear friend Tori who is married and sent me pictures. Wait in the world. If you think about it the mission is the weirdest thing because my life is kinda totally on pause right now and i forget that everyone elses is still going full speed. I love pictures. So weird but so awesome. 
Well last week was awesome. we taught a total of 28 lessons and were just busy busy all the time. And then this week was just really hard hahah but hey its okay. I feel like the weeks were are numbers are the lowest are the weeks when we are working the hardest. Something that grandpa sent me has really helped me and its something that he said to his missionaries when he was a mission president! I loved when he said, "Pray like it all depends on the Lord, but work like it all depends on you" I feel like sometimes its easy to say, oh well that person just juked us (again) so maybe it just wasnt meant to be! NO. that means we have to work even harder, find people who are willing to keep appts and commitments, and teaching a little better to have the spirit be strong enough to inspire people to repent. 
So heres a funny experience kinda. We were juked last night and we were in princeton. so theres just a lot of lil apartments and run down condos for sooo many streets. so we are walking around and decided to just contact and it was getting darker and there was think group of guys just hanging outside and talking and stuff and secretly i was worried that sister b was gonna be like (hey lets go talk to them) and i was kinda relieved when she didnt hahaha and I felt like "hey we need to go and talk to them" and then I was just like ugh how awkward we just walked by them and etc etc maybe their sketchy. but then i felt it again. so i was like okay lets go talk to them. so we made the walk of shame back and were talking to them and after the initial shock that i spoke spanish (you would think i would be used to it by now haha) we got to talking with this group of people and just asking them what they were up to and where they were from and talking about soccer and before we even said anything about being missionaries, one of them asking us, "why are you doing this? why are you sharing the word of god?" HOLLAAAA we're in. so since there was a big group of them i went over and talked to him more and he telling me how generations before him were always super strong in the catholic church but once he got older, he never really went to church. I asked him why, and he said he doesnt know but hes at a point in his life where we want to know if he should go to church and which one. I testified that I know God put us in his path so that we could simply be the guides to helping him find the answers to these questions for himself. We took down his number and are gonna meet with him soon. 
Sister B and i drove over to drop something off at the zone leaders and perfectly ran into president Taggart! he was on a split with the zone leaders. He is so stinkin inspiring. He was telling us about Elder Bednard's talk that he gave at BYU to use social media to sweep the earth like a flood. I later listened to it and wow chills. This is what we must do. I am seeing first hand that people simply do not have the time to meet with us but as they are telling us they are too busy, they are scrolling down their facebook feed. We must use this outlet to reach our people! What we have started doing with members is asking them to bring over their laptops after a dinner appt, and asking what is something that brings them the most happiness. They will say something like, oh my new baby or my family! and then we ask them if they have a picture of their baby or family or something and ask them to post something easy and simple like, "My family brings me the greatest happiness because I know because of temples, I can be with them forever." Slowly but surely, peoples hearts will become more and more open to this message. I'm pretty excited about it can ya tell? and its so easy! we should be getting ipads in october so that'll make it even easier to be a part of this!


me and sister maclay! we went on the exchange together last week but i forget to attach this pic... smiling a little too hard but thats love right?


No comments:

Post a Comment