MALLORY MORTENSEN

MALLORY MORTENSEN

.

.

11.11.2014

Week 20

wow I cannot believe its already been a week! I feel like I say this every week hahah but yeah its going great over here in Kearny!! Its interesting how getting juked in a walking area is like way different than when your in a driving area. because when you walk ALL the way over somewhere and you just wanna sit down and teach someone but then they are home and its just like way more heart breaking than getting back in a car and driving to your next apt hahah but asi es la vida.

We have had some pretty remarkable experiences this week. So we have this investigador named Estuardo. I think I talked about him a little last week. He is albino.... its that so cool?? He didn't tell us that but I did a project on albinism in like my junior year and so im certain he is albino. its crazy because he has super blonde hair and light skin and light eyes but he doesn't know a word of English. ANYWHO, we texted him between our appts to remind him to read the intro to the book of Mormon and he said that he only read a little and that he would need us to explain it. okay and just background on estuardo. hes super sassy. and kinda a punk. but I don't let him have it don't even worry. so we thought, oh gosh, maybe he doesn't know how to read and hes just too embarrassed to say anything or maybe he doesn't even want to read it at all. and then we go to ask him about his reading. and he looks at me and explains the first like 6 chapters of nefi PERFECTLY I KID YOU NOT. and then he smugly said, yeah I like to read. I just wanted to worry you guys. but like come on that's so great that he read! so we asked him what he thought about the book and he said that he thinks the book is definitely from god but he doesn't want to get baptized again (because he was already baptized catholic) because he doesn't want baptism to be like a broma or something that he takes lightly. So we are meeting with him soon and hopefully as we explain baptism, he will have a date for baptism!!

Also, this ward that I am serving in is AMAZING. so many solid people. literally, ward council was full. EVERYONE was present. and they give so much time to the missionaries and delegate people to hermanar our investigadores. its truly amazing to watch and be apart of the behind the scenes. Its truly amazing to how the lord magnifies our efforts everyday. I am 19 years old people, have lived a pretty easy and sheltered life and people call us and to come help them and honestly I have NO IDEA what to say to them or how I can help them, but the lord helps me know what to say and what they need. For example, we had a less active call us that we have been trying to get a hold of. She said that this has been a terrible day and nothing is going right and she needs us to come over now. So we went over and her electricity got shut off and she was crying because she didn't have the money to pay the rent and was scared they would be homeless and that day she had seen a little 11 year old girl get hit and killed by a car and as we were with her, he husband called to tell her that he just had gotten in a car accident. Like WHO IN THE WORLD AM I TO SAY ANTYHING?? that is like the worlds worst day. and she didn't know what to do so she called us. All I could think to do was put my arm around her as she cried and scratch her back and I don't quite remember what we talked about or what scriptures we used, but the spirit was so strong. she came back to church this sunday with her daughter. and shes called us everyday since. I just love her and I know that the love I have for her is just a fraction of the saviors for her. What a blessing for me!!

Keep the prayers coming! I need them more than ever. Espicially when its cold and I forget my umbrella :)

No comments:

Post a Comment