MALLORY MORTENSEN

MALLORY MORTENSEN

.

.

3.05.2015

Week 36--Plot Twist



Well... everything was pretty tranquilo until President called last night and called me to serve as a Sister Training Leader. Who saw that coming?? Not me. SO many mixed emotions. I am so humbled by the call to be able to serve not only the people in the new area that I was going to be in, but also, the sisters the will be placed under my care. but my HEART BREAKS just at the thought of having to leaving kearny and the newark ward. I flippin LOVE these people here and the ward. But I keep repeating in my head, "a donde me mandes ire Senor" 
This week was actually one of the most emotionally difficult weeks in the mission. It seemed as though everything that could possibly go wrong in the lives of the people that we were serving, did go wrong. I learned this week what it really means to mourn with those that mourn and to stand with those who stand in need of comfort. There were many points this week where someone would call us to come over because something happened, and we would go, and they would just break down in tears. I wouldn't know exactly what to say, so I would just go over and hug them and let them cry for a little bit and before I knew it, I was crying with them and it was almost like I could feel just a little bit of what they were going through. Thats when I learned what it really means to be a representative of Jesus Christ. I know that he cries with us when we are struggling and he lifts our hands that hang low. And then the greatest miracle of all happens that when the "mallory" inside me has NO IDEA what to do and is super nervous, the spirit takes over and I am able to open my mouth and it truly is filled! Experiences like this happened almost everyday this week. Yesterday, Sister Bentley and I left a lesson and she said "well, I can't really understand spanish, but everything you said in that lesson was perfect." I turned to her and said, "could you please tell me what just happened?" I wasn't me! The mantle that we carrying as ministers and representatives of the Lord is so real. It the greatest blessing to be able to be a part of it.
Now if everyone can just pray that I can get all packed and ready to go in a timely and organized matter, that would be much appreciated. (where's my mom when i need her?!)
Love you all!
Hermana Mortensen

Surprise snow storm needed to be documented

Saying good-bye to one of my favorite members, Pepe. (Best team up ever)

Spontaneous chopping off of the hair on exchange

No comments:

Post a Comment