MALLORY MORTENSEN

MALLORY MORTENSEN

.

.

4.14.2015

Week 42--happy happy happy



So good news... and not surprising. sister dubon and I are staying together for the next transfer!! We are both so happy. She's the best. So many miracles have been happening lately! but for the sake of time, I will share with you the biggest one :)

So sister dubon and I have been contacting as many people as we can get our hands on. English and Spanish. we figured that if we talk with EVERYONE, the Lord will trust us enough to lead us to the latinos y los preparados. So last Tuesday, we were in Boonton. and we knocked on this house. and this lady came down and let us in (miracle) she was from Honduras and as we were talking to her getting to know her, her daughter came out! She is 18 and 6 months pregnant. she come here from Honduras just one month ago. we started talking and it was pretty obvious to us that the mother, J_____, was one of those people who lets whoever in her house and just loves the word of God. Those people are nice to find and stuff, but usually they don't progress because they listen, and then thats the end of it. After we cleared up that we weren't Jehovah's Witnesses, we started teaching the Restoration. The spirit was really strong. They were both really listening and participating. I felt like I wasn't teaching strangers, but like i was teaching 2 really good friends that i had know for years! They eagerly set a second appt. 
So fast forward to last Saturday. We go visit them with the Relief Society President. B______, the pregnant daughter, let us in. J_____ walks in and its obvious that she didn't look good at all. We follow up on the reading that we left them in the Book of Mormon and we had planned to move onto the next lesson but sister dubon and I both felt like we should really just focus on the Book of Mormon. So we talked and testified about how this book brings us such peace in our lives. J_____ totally just broke down and said, "from the moment I saw you two on Tuesday knocking at my door, something burned inside my soul. What I feel when you two teach is something I have never felt anywhere before. You are angels sent from God. B______ doesn't want me to say anything, but I feel like you are answers to prayers and that you can help. We have no food left. nothing. and B_____ needs to eat." Thank heavens the Relief Society president was there because she was able to get them the help they needed. The spirit was so strong and such an evidence to me of how God is so aware of us. They both committed to baptism on the 10th of May and they also committed to church on Sunday... and they came!!

So Sunday couldn't have been a more perfect day. The classes were sooo spot on for B_____ y J____. During like the second hour, during Relief Society, J___ got a really bad migrane from all the stress of the finances and everything, but she just looked at me and said, "I will not let satan win, I know I have to be here, I have found my place!" B_____ just kept looking at me during the church saying "gracias amiga, muchisimas gracias" I LOVE MY AMIGAS. 

So yeah, they are doing amazing. after church we came to their house to visit them and they said, " any activity, any meeting, any ANYTHING, we want to be there. There are no words to describe how grateful we are" and now they are reading scriptures and praying like they have been doing it for years. This is one of those miracles that you hear about and wonder if it will ever happen to you. I am just so grateful knowing that through fasting and praying for people like that, the Lord truly does hear us and answer. What an amazing blessing :)

Love you all!!
Hermana Mortensen

No comments:

Post a Comment