MALLORY MORTENSEN

MALLORY MORTENSEN

.

.

6.16.2014

Week 4


I just wanna start off my saying that the mission is truly a unique experience because i don't think i will ever again be so emotionally, physically, spiritually, and mentally exhausted in my entire life hahaha (disclaimer: i look kinda beat in these pictures so there is my excuse) hahaha i love it though. I am so anxious to go out to New Jersey already!! But i know there is so much i need to learn especially with the language. I asked my district this week if we could set a goal for sunday if we could ONLY speak in spanish. We were doing pretty good but then our devotional meetings and classes with the MTC presidency are all in english so we kinda lost our spanish rhythm by the end of the day haha. I don't have really anything specific to report this week! oh one highlight is always when new missionaries come in! so we are eating dinner in el comedor and I'm just sitting eating minding my own business and then i hear "MALLORY" from across the comedor. I was like what the heck thats my name.... no one calls me mallory. I look up and there was my friend Scotty from BYU! I was so excited when i saw him!! Its so good to see people from before the mission because its just like what the heck worlds colliding. its the best. A few more people from my mission prep class at BYU came in too so it was fun to go up and talk to them and give them some words of advice haha I will hit one month here at the CCM this week! If all 17 months are this fast I feel like this will all be over in a blink of an eye and that its just crazy to me cause i feel like there is so much i need to do! This week there was definitely major ups and downs but one of the greatest things I've learned here is that who God calls, God qualifies. Because I know that i don't have anything to worry about as long as I have faith in my Savior, Jesus Christ and work as hard as I possible can. Its do or die mode ;)

Sunday was like the farewell for all the missionaries going into the field and it was kinda sad cause we had people from our Zone leaving! we get so tight with them! anyway, that happened. oh and its funny cause when people leave you can take pictures and these random latino missionaries will come up to me and ask me for my picture and I'm so honored every time hahaha perks of having blonde hair in Mexico i guess.  

Today we went to the Mexico City Temple Visitors center!! It was so beautiful! There is such a spirit there and i love it. Its crazy to drive through the colorful and crazy busy streets of Mexico city but when we get to the temple its so clean and beautiful and white. We couldn't go inside cause its closed for the next year and a half for renovations or something. Oh and two of our teachers came and met us at the temple! Hermano Palma (we call him hermana pavo because he teaches us street cred words haha) and Hermana Martinez! oh and i bought this super colorful authentic Mexican scripture holders and that I'm so stoked about. its the little things.

Ok. I had a revelation that was seriously the best thing that could have happened to me this week. So the devotional this sunday was given by the director of the CCM and he's this young american guy who is so awesome. So the topic of his talk was Remember Lots Wife and it was so good for I'm sure everyone there. I gave me a lot of things that I want to improve about myself which i love. Like not letting songs that are stuck in my head stay stuck in my head and not worrying about stuff back home or life before mission or even life after mission because that doesn't matter right now. What matters is what I'm doing. Then he said something that really hit me. He said that the Lord has been preparing us for many years to fulfill this call in the place that we are going. Hermana Spencer leaned over to me was like yeah especially you! because she knows about how i went to New Jersey a year ago! but then something else stuck out to me about how i have been prepared for this mission. My teachers have been stressing a lot lately that personal experiences will be one of the most powerful things in helping convert our investigators. I kept thinking and really couldn't think of anything really good to share! cause it either applies to my patriarchal blessing or something else. anyway. it didn't hit me until during his talk that i thought of this. I will never ever forget being 6 years old and kneeling down to pray with you dad for the first time in my life. I will never forget the calm that came over me knowing that I would make at least one friend over at good ole canyon view and i will never forget how i had perfect faith that this would happen because my dad and i knelt down and prayed that I would. Then that week Vanessa DiPersia moved in. And Now i have been called to serve a mission in the very place that she is now! I have not thought about that time for YEARS but it came to me and i cannot tell that story without getting emotional every time! It is just a powerful example of how the lord answers our prayers! I cannot wait to teach my future investigators and show them the picture of vanessa and i from last summer and testify that i know the God knows us and loves us perfectly and that we can communicate with him. 
Thank you so much mama and dad for always putting the Lord at the head of our family.

anyways i thats my update! I love pdays because i love hearing from all my friends and family and seeing pictures and everything! 
Pictures: we always play sings with our zone for "family night" so we did our signs for the pic. Im the blowfish sign. Don't worry people I'm not packing on the lbs yet. the Nutella intake is kept to a minimum haha
with the hermanas that our leaving our zone on sunday.


Les amo mucho! 




 my paper with the note hahah
 with some of the elders leaving our zone
 streets of mexico. trash. trash everywhere 
 some more mexico
 hermana spencer and me in front of the christus (yikes idk how to spell that)
 inside the visitors center





 with the hermanas that our leaving our zone on sunday
we always play sings with our zone for "familyi night" so we did our signs for the pic. Im the blowfish sign. Dont worry people im not packing on the lbs yet. the Nutella intake is kept to a minimum hahah

No comments:

Post a Comment