MALLORY MORTENSEN

MALLORY MORTENSEN

.

.

7.16.2014

Week 2

oh my word I dont even know where to being with this week! 
We finally met our new mission president!! President Taggart and his wife and family are seriously so amazing! They came to our area and both of their daughters bore there testimonies and out of no where I just started crying because I couldnt help but think about my cute siblings who all moved to Texas and are being so brave by having to go to a new school and all of that. But then the spirit just confirmed to me again that they are on the Lord's errand. So great to meet them. Something that President Taggart said really suck out to me. He said that our fear is stemmed from our pride. That had never occurred to me before. Every time we feel like we dont wanna do something because we are worried about what other people will think, or afraid of an outcome we cannot see, that is our pride!! That hit me like a ton of bricks. I have been working so hard to try to humble myself to the point where I am willing to submit to the will of the Lord without even a second glance. Im quite a work in progress but im working hard hahaha. 
So many things happened this week! We met with so many people and so many of them have accepted baptism! The more and more I teach the gospel, the less scary it is to ask people to be baptized. Because as soon as i really understand what the gospel is and how important it is that we live in a way so that we can return to live with our heavenly father, baptism is the greatest thing. 
I really dont even know what to say about this week! I am slowly accepting the fact that people are going to avoid me thats just how it goes hahah but its all good i dont take it personally ;) Its so funny the difference between talking to white people and talking to hispanics. So the hispanic people ALWAYS stop and let us talk to them. always. maybe because they are trying to figure out why this blonde chick is speaking spanish hahah the American people just roll their eyes and ask us if we have better things to do. Wanna know the answer to that? NO i dont have better things to do!! This is the best thing I could possibly be doing right now! 
Funny Experience: so we saw this guy we had met before and he was talking to his friend so we went up to them and were talking to them. Well I was talking to the friend and he was like(in spanish) "I wanna change religions" and I was like "well thats perfect! We can teach you about yours! and he said "only because God sent me an angel. I have seen you in a dream" and kept saying other strange things and then I was like woah thats crazy that hes seen me in a dream! but then I was like wait a second this is the most uncomfortable thing that has ever happened to me hahah seriously hermana boudesocque and i laugh about it all the time. 
Spiritual Experience: Okay so we were talking to this guy Edgar. He is guatamaelan and he cant read and is a really slow learner. Which is hard because he cant read the book of mormon on his own and he has a really hard time understanding! So I was feeling kinda frustrated inside and I know that Hma Boudesocque was too. We finally asked him why he thinks we are here. And he said he didnt know! So i testified to him that I am here because i know that God loves him. And Because i know this, I also know that God wants him to return back to live with him again. That is why i am serving a mission.
I know that this is the Lord's work! Whether I'm tired, sad, frustrated, happy, whatever emotion, I have a responsibility to get over myself and go do the Lords work. What a blessing! I am learning so much about myself and my relationship with my Heavenly Father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment