MALLORY MORTENSEN

MALLORY MORTENSEN

.

.

5.30.2015

Week 45



Well, this week on Saturday night we went to visit a less active family and they took us out to this place called fuddruckers, and they are the craziest funniest family from Honduras. anyways, they were messing with me telling me that I'm so flacita that i probably don't eat and i told them during my mission I've learned to eat a lot. And so they put me to the test and hermano garcia bought me the 1 pound burger. okay so that might not sound like a lot, but that was the biggest burger i have ever seen. and so I started eating it you would be so surprised, I didn't even feel full until the last two bites (i'm sure my dad is laughing right now) so my companion pulled out the camera and recorded me eating the last two bites. wow, the day after, I was full all day long. I'm actually still kinda full, but don't be fooled folks, yo como sin verguenza (I eat without shame)

well I'm awesome, sent too soon. anywho
this week was super eventful actually! I feel like we did so much! so on wednesday we had a lesson with E____again and wow the guy is so cool! so I talked about i think last week about how i met him with one of my english sisters and we introduced him to the book of mormon and committed him to read the intro. well I had a really good feeling about him and I really want the guy to progress because he has so much potential so I was praying so hard that he would actually read what we left him and that we would be able to meet with him again. Well the cita came and he came out to meet with us and we met with him in a park with a member. he sat down and he was shooting some super weird questions with us left and right and was super rude kinda and i don't know, like a totally different person. Sister Dubon was looking at me like, "uhhh this was the awesome guy you were talking about?" like 10 minutes later he said "you passed the test" and we were like ummm what? he said that as soon as people who teach about Christ get impatient with people, everything else they say is discredited and how we passed the test because every time he was rude or something, we just testified of Christ and thanked him for asking questions. it made us laugh for a while and then he looked at me and said "I know you've been praying for me." and i said "well it's true I have been! but how did you know that?" He said that the night before, I came to him in a dream and and asked him if he had read what we had given him in the book of mormon, he replied saying yes but he had forgotten most of what he had read, and that i had told him to read it again. So he woke up, sat down and read it. He said that dream helped him realize that we really have been sent by God and that he needs to listen to the mensaje. He even said, "you are fishers of men and let me tell you, soy un pez gordo (i'm a fat fish). Its amazing because he really is someone who is prepared. we can find toooons of people, but very few and truly prepared. So that is super excited. 

Also, sister dubon and I have been enjoying taking the train lately, I feel pretty independent when we do, except for when we almost get on the train going to New York instead of the nearby city. but hey, baby steps. It was so cool too because on saturday I told sister dubon, hmmm i feel like we need to go to Hermana _____ right now (who is a member who is mas o menos activa who we hadn't seen for a long time) and she was like okay! so then we drive up and we see these balloons out side and a ton of cars and there was a huge party going on, and so then I immediately was like "oh gosh well its probably not a good time, we will just go by tomorrow" and then sister dubon looked at me and said "Sister Mortensen, this was YOUR revelation. we are going now" I felt so uncomfortable and everything but sister dubon made me shake it off and we went and its was such a miracle because 1)it was sister ______ birthday so we wished her a happy birthday, and 2)one of our former investigadores was there who explained why she hadn't been able to see us for so long and invited us over, 3)after we left, hermana _______ was talking to all her friends about the word of wisdom and a gospel discussion started! then right after we left, E______, another investigador, called us over to get birthday cake with her because it was her birthday, and oh my word, she not only invited us, but a ton of her friends and she was like, "I love them! trust me, you want them to come visit you" by the end of the party, of couple of her friends were like, hey! text us so we can set something up! so cool. 

how could I almost forget!! Carmen and Isdeyver, husband and wife (shes in the hiking picture in the orange shirt) are gonna get baptized in 2 weeks! we are so excited. So good things are happening here, the members are majorly warming up to us and we are just getting to work (unfortunately so are the mosquitos so the bug spray is a must. I don't want more scars to compliment my scars from last summer)

Love you all!
Hermana Mortensen







No comments:

Post a Comment