MALLORY MORTENSEN

MALLORY MORTENSEN

.

.

5.30.2015

Week 46--Feliz Dia Madres



So I think the hugest time warp realization of my life happened yesterday. So the secretary asked me to bear my testimony in sacrament and I was like okay! So when I went up to go and share it, I realized that on mothers day of last year, I gave my farewell! It was so crazy for me to see how first of all, when I gave my farewell, I knew hardly any spanish. and then second of all, how my testimony had so much more meaning to me now than it did then. My testimony itself hasn't changed drastically, but i feel as though as I look back on the past year in the mission, I have experiences that back up my testimony. I seriously I am soooo grateful for that foundation. I love how we are taught in Doctrine and Covenants, "seek not to declare my word, but first, seek to OBTAIN my word" when we obtain the word, it becomes our very own. So I feel like I take ownership, as did many prophets of old, when I say that I know that Christ is our Savior and that He leads and guides His church and this missionary work. We could not do anything if it were not for Him. 

So earlier this week, I went on an english exchange in the area clinton. and its like suuuuper farm land not even kidding, but SO beautiful. so we went to this lady's house and she let us in and she showed us around her HUGE farm and sister rogers, my companion for the exchange was sister rogers who is from austrailia and grew up raising hens, so we go to the farm and the lady passes sister rogers a hen to hold and they flap their wings like crazy and i have a HUGE fear of birds, so i have my arms crossed, you know, trying to send the message that i really don't want to hold it, but the lady gives it go me anyway and i wanted to run away screaming, but i held it. so yeah. and i didn't have my camera so their is no photo evidence, but you all would have been very proud of me haha

So we had an amazing miracle this week!! This week was pretty long, with a few exchanges and what not, and we had seen little success. well on Saturday, I was leading out the area on an exchange and I remember clearing the thought coming to my mind as if it were out of nowhere, "text J_____! you need to see him tonight" So I texted him right away. J____ is from Ecuador and we knocked into him one day and he was super nice and told us to come back in like 15 days because he was super busy at the time. As soon as I sent the text he responded saying that we should come by at 7. So we went there and he asked us, "how did you know that i had been thinking about calling you all this week?" we were so asombradas! He was explaining that he had a really rough week and he felt like he had forsaken God for so long that he doesn't even know where to begin or how to return. So we began to explain to him the restauracion and how God sent someone here so that we can always know how to make it back. We talked about how Christ established His church and he said, "so where is that church now?" ummm... best question ever? probably.

By the time we got to the book of mormon, we was so excited. he was saying, wow these are my ancestors here in the americas that wrote this book, I must know what it says! porque nadie me ha dicho todo de esto antes? (why hasnt anyone told me about this before?!) then he offered the most sincere prayer thanking God for having sent us to answer his prayers. and he said it right outside on a bench in madison. I was so so soooo grateful for having followed the prompting to meet with him. then he told us before he left, he said, I feel like Ive met you two before, from another life. Sister dubon and i just smiled, knowing that it very well could be true.
 
I was soooo good to talk with the family!! :) being away from the family definitely makes you realize how much you LOOOOOVE them. 
love you all!
Hermana Mortensen


skpye with family that mom sent. we are complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment